Best Bookmakers For Small Deposits & BetsJune 26, 2018 2:26 pm
In this article we will be discussing which betting sites have the lowest minimum bets and smallest deposits.
Plenty of punters looking for small stakes betting and there’s a big variation in what bookmakers accept as their minimum deposit amount and what they are happy to take as a minimum bet as well.
I’ll kick things off with showing you what the top rated bookmakers, as per our reviews, allow when it comes to small stakes and then follow that up with a guide detailing how to get the your bet on and show you how to get some bigger returns for smaller bet amounts.
Bookmakers With Lowest Deposit & Smallest Bets
|Bookmakers||Minimum Deposit||Minimum Bet|
How To Place Your First Bet Online
So as you can see from the list above, BetVictor is one of the best betting sites for small stakes – they allow 5p stakes, which is great – but they also offer that across their entire sports book. This means that you can bet with 5p in exactly the same way as you could with £5. This makes BetVictor especially appealing if you are new to betting and are looking for a realistic way to practice before you start laying down larger sums.
If you’ve never placed a bet with this company – or any other – then it is very simple:
- Either log in to your account at BetVictor or create a new one.
- Once you are in your account, you need to top it up with money – this is your deposit. The minimum you can deposit is £5. If you are looking at placing 5p bets, that £5 is going to last you quite some time.
- Find the sport you want to bet on. BetVictor lists the most popular sports to the left of the screen.
- Click on your sport – let say football. If you click that icon it will take you through to a list of football divisions from across the world – but primarily European and in particular English leagues. Click on a league you want to bet on – say the premier league.
- This will bring up a list of upcoming football games in this division. Click on a match – lets say that West Ham vs Man United is in there. Click that match (or any other you prefer).
- This will now take you to a page dedicated to this match and it will show all the markets available to you – first goal scorer, scorecast, etc.
- For simplicity sake, in this instance just pick the team you think will win the game – in this example obviously West Ham. Place your 5p stake and it will tell you how much you stand to win.
- Click the place bet icon, sit back and watch the money roll in.
How To Make The Most Of Low Stakes Bets
As I mentioned up top, as well as those who look to use smaller bets to practice their betting, there are also those who enjoying placing small stakes to beat the odds and bring in big rewards – and the very best and simplest way to do achieve this is by a straight accumulator.
You can either build a smaller accumulator of higher odds bets – such as betting on the correct scores of several games. Because it is hard to predict the odds build up fast – just a few correct scores linked into an accumulator can quickly build up odds of hundreds or even thousands to one.
The other good bet is to place lots of low odds events into an accumulator and build a healthy profit by placing lots of bets in a market where the event often happens. The over 1.5 goals coupon is great for this, and if you want to guarantee games with goals look to the Scottish League 1 and 2.
If you’re wondering what an accumulator is… it’s a bet which combines lots of other bets into one stake amount with the punter needing all of the combined bets to win to get a payout (payouts tend to be large because you need lots of results to come in to win).
Alternatively you could consider a Full Cover bet. This is a package bet where you put stakes – typically small ones – across all of the possible outcomes of an event. To Give an example, say you wish to bet on West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal to all win in their respective matches. If you do a straight accumulator you’ll get great odds, but you will also lose it all if just one of them (probably Arsenal) let you down.
Instead you could put a bet down as 1 treble and three doubles to cover all the possible winning combinations. So if all three come in, you win big. If only two come in, you still get a return.
Free Betting Competitions
Of course, any article that discusses minimum bets and deposits would frankly be remiss if it didn’t also talk about free betting opportunities (different from free bet offers). Yes, these exist, and here are, in my opinion, two of the best:
Betvictor Golden Goal – This is a free competition (though you do need to register an account with BetVictor). They will select one game a week, although it is usually the late Sunday game on Sky. All you need to do is guess 3 things – The First Goal scorer, the correct minute of the first goal and the correct final score.
Yes, that is pretty tough! But pull it off, and you can earn up £25,000 – for no financial outlay at all.
Paddy Power Hot Shot Jackpot – Again, all you need is a Paddy Power account to play – it doesn’t cost any money. This game requires you to pick the first goal scorer in 6 games selected by Paddy Power. That’s it – do that and you have the chance to win up £500,000. The fact the prize is so massive however should be a bit of clue as to how often people win this one – but it’s still fun to play.