In order to attract new customers to their sportsbook, 888Sport run a welcome bonus exclusively for those opening a brand new betting account. The promotion gives those new customers the chance to earn £30 worth of free bets and the information on this page is designed to let you know if the offer is one you’d like to take part in.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer:
- Claim bet £10 get £30 bonus deal at 888Sport! (T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.)
- Register your new 888Sport account by following the on screen instructions.
- Log in to your new 888Sport account and make your first deposit, ensuring that it is worth at least £10 and that you use the promo code ‘fb30’ when prompted. Deposits made via PayPal, Entropay, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill will not be eligible for the bonus.
- You will then be sent an email containing a link to claim your welcome offer. Make sure you click the link to claim the offer within seven days.
- Head back to 888sport.com and place a bet worth at least £10 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater.
- Two £10 free bets and a further £10 free bet for use via mobile will then be credited to your account, for use according to the terms and conditions described below.
T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.
Main Terms & Conditions
It shouldn’t come as any great surprise that 888Sport’s welcome offer is subject to a number of terms and conditions. There are actually far fewer for this promotion than are applied to some similar offers, however, and the main ones are described below for your reference:
- 888Sport reserve the right to limit their welcome offer to one bonus per household, per computer terminal, per mobile device, per email address and per payment method.
- Only new 888Sport customers who entered only truthful information during the account registration process are eligible for the welcome offer.
- New customers located in certain jurisdictions, other than the United Kingdom, may be deemed ineligible for the welcome offer at the discretion of 888Sport. The company do not make a list of ineligible jurisdictions publically available but will provide those jurisdictions to potential customers who contact their customer services.
- To qualify for the welcome offer, new 888Sport customers must make an initial deposit worth at least £10 and use the promo code ‘fb30’ when doing so.
- Deposits using PayPal, Entropay, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Customers making a qualifying deposit will be sent an email with a link to claim their bonus. That link remains live for seven days after receipt of the email.
- Only qualifying bets placed after the emailed claim link has been pressed are eligible for the promotion, bets placed before the link is clicked do not qualify.
- A qualifying bet is a real money wager worth at least £10, which is placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater within 30 days of a new 888Sport account being credited.
- Free bet stakes, Permutation and Void bets do not qualify for the welcome offer.
- Qualifying bets cannot be cashed out.
- Two £10 free bets and one £10 free bet for use via mobile will be credited upon settlement of a qualifying bet.
- Each free bet token must be placed in its entirety on a single bet. Each-way and permutation bets are not eligible.
- Free bet tokens expire seven days after they are credited and any winnings resulting from their use will be exclusive of the free bet stake.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
888Sport Bonus Review
In format and style, the 888Sport sign up bonus for new customers has a lot in common with the new customer promotions run by many other online bookmakers. It is an offer which requires a new customer to open an account and place a qualifying bet in order to trigger its free bets.
As such, it is quite an easy promotion to understand but 888Sport do unfortunately make it a little more difficult and time consuming to claim the offer than many of their competitors. There are few other promotions, after all, which require both the entry of a promo code and the claiming of the promotion via an emailed link on top of the placement of a qualifying bet.
In terms of the overall size of the 888Sport welcome offer, a total value of £30 in free bets is broadly in line with what most similar promotions provide. The fact that a punter needs to bet just £10 in order to trigger that £30 in free bets, what’s more, makes it a potentially more generous offer than some which only match an initial stake amount in free bets.
The free bets which can be triggered, however, are somewhat limited when it comes to how and on what they can be used. One of the tokens, for instance, is only for use via mobile and all of them have to be used in their entirety as just one bet. The fact that neither each-way wagers nor permutation bets can be placed using the tokens, too, is a little disappointing. Finally, it is also a little bit of a shame that the free bet tokens expire after just seven days, which is a considerably shorter period than some bookmaker’s free bets last for.
For more info on what 888Sport have to offer punters check out our 888Sport review.
888Sport Offer: Pros & Cons
- Few restrictions placed upon initial qualifying bet.
- £30 total value is about average compared with most promotions that are around.
- Free bets worth 300% of the size of bet required to trigger them.
- No wagering requirements or similar restrictions placed upon the free bet tokens.
- Free bet tokens can only be used in their entirety.
- Free bets do not apply to each way wagers or permutation bets.
- Free bets expire after only seven days.
- One of the £10 free bet tokens is limited to use only via a mobile device.
- Comparatively large number of deposit methods are excluded from the bonus.
- Have to both enter a promo code and click an emailed link to trigger the offer.
Alongside the 888Sport welcome offer, the bookmaker also run a number of other, varied ongoing promotions.
Essentially 888Sport’s version of acca insurance, Acca Saver offers money back as a free bet up to a maximum of £25 if just one leg of a qualifying accumulator lets the bet down. In order to qualify for the Acca Saver offer, and accumulator must be composed of at least six legs, be worth £2 or more, have minimum odds of 1/2 for each leg and be placed on either greyhound, horse racing or football win markets. A free bet token equal to the stake amount up to a maximum of £25 will be credited upon settlement of a qualifying, losing bet and remains valid for seven days.
Another ongoing promotion applying to accumulators, Acca Attacks rewards punters who place winning accas with profit boost tokens worth up to a maximum of 50% of the winnings resulting from their successful acca. Profit boost tokens can be used to enhance the potentially profits of a future bet by 100% and the value of the token received via the Acca Attack offer depends upon the number of legs in the successful acca. A five-fold will result in the award of a profit boost token worth 10% of the stake of the acca (only accas with a stake of £5 or less qualify) and the value of the profit boost token then increases by 5% with each additional leg up to the maximum of 50%.
Money Back on Fallers
Also known as ‘faller insurance’, 888Sport’s Money Back on Fallers offers punters their stake back as a free bet up to a maximum of £25 if their horse falls, unseats or is brought down at selected meetings every day during the National Hunt season. The meetings which are eligible for the offer each day are listed on the 888Sport website and in order to qualify, a punter must place a bet on the race winner market which is worth at least £5 or £5 each-way. The free bet token credited via the offer must be used within seven days and its own value will not be included within any winnings resulting from its use.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Applying to all UK and Irish horse races, best odds guaranteed ensures that 888Sport punters never lose out due to the change in a horse’s price before the off. Best odds guaranteed terms, after all, mean that a punter gets either the price when they place their bet or their horse’s starting price, depending upon which of those is the longer. A bet placed at 10/1, for instance, on a horse which ultimately has a starting price of 15/1 would be paid out at 15/1 if the horse wins, thanks to best odds guaranteed.
For more info and to ‘Opt In’ head over to 888Sport & select ‘promotions’!
T&C’s apply, 18+
Note: as well as their ongoing promotions, 888Sport will also from time to time run special offers and one-off bonuses. The best way to make sure you don’t miss out on those is by following @888Sport on Twitter and checking out the bookmaker’s other social media channels.