As a keen punter, I like to get the best deal when it comes to which bookmaker to trust with my business. That’s why I always like to keep an eye out for new customer offers and welcome promotions, and to sign up with new bookmakers when I spy a good one. The following is my experience of and personal opinion on the welcome offer currently being run by Bet365.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer
Bet365’s welcome offer gives punters the chance to receive up to £100 worth of bet credits, and of the different promotions I’ve taken part in, I found it to be one of the easier to claim. The following are the simple steps I took to claim the Bet365 new customer bonus:
- I kicked off by opening an account with Bet365 via their website.
- Once on the site, I clicked the small, yellow ‘Join Now’ link found toward the top of the page, beneath the username dialogue box.
- A new window appeared, through which I could enter all of my personal details, before pressing the ‘Join Bet365’ button.
- I then made my initial deposit to my new Bet365 account, via the main account menu. As I wanted to try and claim as much bonus as I could, I deposited a full £100 but you do not necessarily have to deposit that much. It’s important to note, though, that you cannot claim the welcome offer if you deposit via Neteller, Skrill or Skrill 1-Tap.
- Having deposited to my new Bet365 account, I could then claim the welcome offer. It was really easy to do that, by opening the Services Menu from my account, selecting ‘My Offers’ and then clicking the ‘Claim Now’ option for the welcome promotion.
- I was then ready to get to work on releasing my £100 worth of bet credits.
How Did I Release My Bet Credits?
Having followed through the steps I detailed above, I was ready to then start working on releasing the bet credits associated with the Bet365 welcome promotion. Fortunately, the most notable thing about that process was how easy it was and how I had to do very little differently than I would have done if I was simply betting with the bookmaker without taking any promotion into account.
What I mean by that is that all of the bets which I would have placed anyway within the 30 day qualifying period after I claimed the offer met the requirements stipulated by Bet365. Those requirements are few and far between, after all, and are simply that wagers must be at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or longer. I don’t like really long odds-on shots as it is, so it was easy for me to meet those requirements and once £100 worth of bets had been settled on my account, my bet credits were made available to me almost immediately.
How Did I Withdraw Any Winnings?
I have a decent understanding of how welcome promotions work, so I knew that my bet credits were there to place wagers rather than being withdrawable funds. What I was pleased about, however, was how easy the credits were to use and how wide an array of bets they were available for. In fact, there wasn’t a bet that I tried to place while I still had credits that the credits weren’t available to use as a stake for.
Fortunately, too, a few of the bets I did place with the £100 worth of bet credits ended up being winning ones. The winnings I got back didn’t include the stake as part of them but did still get me a nice little return. Being a keen punter, I kept most of the winnings in my account to place future bets but did withdraw a little to make up for having initially deposited a full £100. Withdrawing was nice and intuitive, with the process being really straightforward once I’d opened my account’s Services Menu.
Bet365 Bonus Review
I’ve signed up to a fair number of different online bookmakers down the years, and many times it has been the welcome promotion on offer which has swayed me toward one particular site and away from others. That was the case once again with Bet365, as the chance to earn a full £100 worth of bet credits seemed to be too good an opportunity to pass up.
£100 of benefit from the promotion, after all, is a lot more than is offered by many new customer offers from other bookmakers. The offer, though, was perhaps more suitable for me than for a more casual punter as it did require a deposit and the betting of £100 before the bet credits were released. That kind of outlay on betting isn’t unusual for me as a keen punter but may be a little more than many occasional bettors would want to commit to one betting site.
Having decided to take part in the Bet365 promotion I was really pleasantly surprised by how simple it was to release the bet credits. Basically every bet which I wanted to place fulfilled the straightforward longer than 1/5 qualification criteria and so I found it easy to get £100 worth of bets settled within the relaxed 30 day time limit.
Another really pleasant surprise when it came to taking part in the Bet365 promotion was how quickly my bet credits were added to my account. It can’t have been more than an hour before they appeared and were available to use. Using them was nice and easy, too, with basically every bet I picked out and wanted to place being eligible for use of the credits (I don’t really place Tote bets and only use the sportsbook, not the online casino or other clients).
Bet365 Offer: Pros & Cons
- £100 total benefit is more generous than most welcome promotions I’ve taken part in.
- The bet credits were really easy to release, with only a handful of very relaxed criteria for qualifying bets.
- Bet credits were added to my account really quickly.
- The credits are available to use on almost any type of sportsbook wager.
- Relatively small £10 is all that’s required to trigger the offer.
- Winnings from successfully using the bet credits went straight into my withdrawable balance.
- You only get the same amount of bet credits as you initially deposit, where some promotions give you two or three times an initial deposit as a bonus.
- Having to deposit and then wager £100 may put the full benefit of the promotion beyond some more casual punters.
How Do I Rate Bet365’s Service?
As has probably become apparent by now, I am definitely a fan of the Bet365 welcome promotion. Since signing up to the bookie to take part in that promotion, too, I’ve found lots of other stuff to like about Bet365 as well (see full Bet365 review for detailed breakdown). To give you an idea of my personal opinion of Bet365’s overall service, I’m going to talk about four of the most important aspects of any online bookmaker’s offering.
Depositing & Withdrawing
I generally only deposit to online bookmakers via debit card and withdraw funds – when I’m lucky enough to be able to do so – the same way. With Bet365 it’s really easy to deposit and withdraw by that method, with the whole process taking a few minutes at most.
Depositing by card sees funds appear immediately in my account, too. Withdrawals, however, do take a little bit longer but it is my experience that that’s the same with almost all bookmakers. For those punters who don’t like using a debit card for their online betting, Bet365 also allow for deposits and withdrawals via credit card, Paypal, bank transfer and a whole host of other payment methods.
When I want to place a quick bet on my phone through Bet365, I tend to head to the bookie’s mobile website via my web browser. That website is really intuitive and easy to use, and I personally have had no problems with it.
Bet365 do also provide downloadable apps for both Android and iOS devices, which offer a very similar service to their mobile site. In the course of creating this review, however, I have come across a few complaints from other punters claiming that those apps can be prone to lagging and are generally a little slow.
I like to think I’m quite a discerning punter who places a decent array of interesting and varied bets. Even given that, however, I have not yet come across a bet which I wanted to place that Bet365 haven’t already priced up. The biggest sports, like football and tennis, always boast a huge range of available markets and even minority sports still tend to have good options available in my experience.
It’s all very well having lots of markets available but if they’re all priced up stingily then it’s no good for us punters. Fortunately, that’s not my experience with Bet365, who in my opinion offer odds which are largely in line with those you’d find with the other major online bookmakers. That is if those other major bookmakers even price up the market which you’re looking to have a bet on.