In order to attract punters and to persuade them to use their online sports betting service, Coral run a new customer offer for people signing up to their service for the very first time. The promotion gives new Coral customers the chance to earn £20 worth of free bets when they bet £5 and this page is designed to give a comprehensive overview of the offer, how it works and how it compares to others on the market.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer:
Coral’s new customer sign up bonus has the advantage of being really quick and simple to claim, it’s also big in terms of percentage (400%). All you have to do to claim is to follow these simple steps:
- Get the bet £5 get £20 bonus deal! (T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.)
- Click ‘Join Now’ and follow the instructions to create your brand new Coral account.
- Make your first deposit to your new Coral account, ensuring that you deposit £5 or more.
- Within 14 days of registering your new Coral account, place a bet worth at least £5 or £5 each way at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater on any sports market.
- Four free bets, each worth £5 will then be credited to your Coral account upon the placement of the initial qualifying bet.
- The four £5 free bets will be available to use for a total of four days after they are credited and an option to use them will appear on your bet slip when applicable.
T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.
Main Terms & Conditions
As the above should have already hinted at, Coral’s welcome offer for new customers is one of the simplest and most straightforward around. Even so, it is of course still subject to a number of terms and conditions, and the most important of those can be found below:
- The Coral new customer offer is available only to those resident in the UK and the Republic of Ireland who open a brand new Coral account online, on mobile or by telephone.
- To qualify for the promotion, a new Coral customer must deposit at least £5 to their account and then place a qualifying bet.
- Qualifying bets must be placed within 14 days of account registration. First sports bets placed after that time will not trigger any free bets even if they meet all other qualifying criteria.
- Qualifying bets must be worth at least £5, be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater and be placed using real money only.
- An otherwise qualifying bet which is voided for any reason will not lead to the triggering of free bets.
- When a qualifying bet is placed, four free bets each worth £5 will be credited to the new Coral customer’s account.
- The four £5 free bets expire four days after they have been issued and will be removed from a customer’s account if unused.
- Each free bet must be wagered in full and cannot be used to place multiple lower value wagers.
- Free bets can be redeemed on win or each way wagers on the following types of bet; singles, doubles, trebles, 4-fold and upwards accumulators, forecasts and combinations.
- Neither the initial qualifying bet not any subsequent free bets can be used in conjunction with Coral’s cash out facility.
- Free bet tokens are not valid on Football Jackpot, tote, other combination and multiple bets (i.e. Lucky 15s).
- Free bet tokens are not refundable and if any winnings result from their use, they will be exclusive of the original free bet stake.
- Free bet tokens are not returned if they are used for bets which are subsequently voided.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
Coral Bonus Review
Coral seem to have clearly gone down the road of favouring simplicity over sheer size when it comes to their welcome bonus. Offering a total bonus value of £20 in free bets, the promotion is at face value less valuable than those provided by most of the bookmaker’s main competitors. When you look a little more closely, however, you will find that Coral’s promotion has a number of advantages over those offers run by other major bookmakers.
As we’ve already alluded to, for instance, the promotion is far simpler to understand and easier to take part in than many others. New Coral customers do not have to enter a promo code, click a link in an email or do anything other than place an initial bet in order to trigger their new customer offer free bets. What’s more, that initial qualifying bet can be placed on basically any market and must simply be £5 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater, whereas most other offers require a bet at odds of at least evens and can sometimes stipulate that certain markets do not count.
A new Coral customer’s qualifying bet, furthermore, need only be worth a minimum of £5 which is fully half the required value (£10) which is necessary to trigger most welcome offers from other bookmakers. What that means, too, is that the value of the benefit offered by the promotion is fully four times that of the bet required to trigger it. Looking at it that way, therefore, the offer can be seen as one of the more generous around. The fact that the free bet tokens offered by the new customer offer remain valid for only four days, however, is a little disappointing and compares unfavourably with the terms of most other similar offers.
To read a comprehensive take on what Coral have available to punters then we recommend reading our Coral review.
Coral Offer: Pros & Cons
- One of the easiest welcome offers to trigger and claim.
- Requires only an initial £5 bet to claim the free bets.
- Free bets are worth fully four times the amount of the initial qualifying bet.
- Very few restrictions placed upon either the qualifying bet or the use of the free bet tokens.
- Bonus value is split between four bets, so doesn’t all have to be used on one wager.
- Total value of £20 is on the low side compared to other similar offers.
- Free bet tokens remain valid for only four days after they are credited.
- Each free bet token must be used in its entirety on just one bet.
Coral don’t only run their new customer offer, they also have an interesting selection of ongoing promotions which can be enjoyed by new and existing customers alike.
Some of the biggest bookmakers have recently started utilising social media to run innovative new promotions. #YourCall is Coral’s version of just such a promotion and gives punters the chance to request to have their very own bets priced up by the bookmaker. Applying to either football or the NBA, #YourCall allows punters to combine a variety of markets and player statistics categories into their own choice of bets which they can then tweet to @Coral with the hashtag #YourCall. If possible, Coral will then price up the bet and make it available to bet on through their website.
The Jumps Money Back Offer
An ongoing promotion which applies to one national hunt meeting each day throughout the season, Coral’s The Jumps Money Back Offer provides money back as a free bet up to a maximum of £25 if a punter’s horse falls, is brought down or unseats its jockey. To qualify for the promotion, a punter must place a bet worth at least £1 or £1 each way on the win market for a race at the day’s selected meeting. If their horse falls, is brought down or unseats, they will be credited with a free bet equal in value to their stake up to a maximum of £25 by 12pm the following day.
Bet & Get Club
Essentially Coral’s version of a loyalty scheme, the Bet & Get Club gives regular punters the chance to earn a £10 free bet each weekend. In order to gain that free bet, a punter must opt in to the Bet & Get Club and then place bets with a cumulative total of at least £25 on any sports markets (at odds of Evens or greater) from Monday to Thursday each week. Each week that the punter meets those requirements, they will be credited with a £10 free bet for use over the following weekend. It doesn’t matter, either, if one or a number of weeks are missed out as a punter can pick up again with the Bet & Get Club as and when they wish.
An offer which rewards a punter’s success in placing accumulators, Coral’s Acca Boost offers a 10% winnings boost up to £100 on successful accas with four or more legs. Applying to accumulators placed on selected football markets, in order to qualify for Acca Boost the bets must be worth at least £2, have cumulative odds of 6/4 (2.50) and have legs each with odds of at least 1/10 (1.10). The 10% bonus up to a maximum of £100 is credited to a customer’s account as a free bet and each customer can only receive one such Acca Boost free bet per day.
Best Price Guaranteed
Fans of both horse and greyhound racing will be pleased to learn that Coral offer best odds guaranteed terms for all UK and Irish horses races, as well as all UK and Irish dog races. That means that any Coral punter who takes an early price for any qualifying horse or greyhound race will get that price if it is longer than the starting price but will get the starting price if their selection’s odds drift before the off.
For more info and to ‘Opt In’ head over to Coral & select ‘promotions’!
T&C’s apply, 18+
Note: as well as those ongoing promotions, Coral also run special offers and bonuses on a fairly regular basis. The best way to keep up with these promotions is to follow the bookmaker’s social media channels and most especially the @Coral Twitter feed.