Like many major bookmakers, Ladbrokes run a range of different new customer promotions to attract punters to bet with them. One of their most popular is their bet £5 get £20 free bet deal, which is described and explained in detail below.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer:
A promotion which is both straightforward and potentially really beneficial, it’s nice and easy to claim this Ladbrokes new customer offer. The following step-by-step guide should take you swiftly and simply through the entire process:
- Bet £5 get £20 in free bets at Ladbrokes! (T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.)
- Fill in all of the requested information to create your brand new Ladbrokes account, ensuring that you enter the promo code ’20FREE’ in the relevant box.
- Make a deposit to your Ladbrokes account, worth at least £5. Do not deposit via PayPal, Paysafe, Skrill or Neteller, as you will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Place a sportsbook bet worth at least £5 at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. Single line accumulators must be composed of selections which are all individually at odds of ½ or greater.
- Upon placement of your qualifying bet, Ladbrokes will credit your account with 4 x £5 free bet tokens (£20 total).
T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.
Main Terms & Conditions
There are no bonuses or promotions available which are not subject to at least some terms and conditions. The most important such terms of the Ladbrokes free bet promotion are summarised below:
- The promotion is available only to brand new Ladbrokes customers resident in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- In order to qualify for the offer, promo code 20FREE must be entered in the correct box during the registration process.
- The offer provides 2 x £5 free bets, which is triggered by the placement of a qualifying bet.
- A qualifying bet is a sportsbook bet at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater, which is worth at least £5 or £5 each way.
- Single line accumulators qualify only if each leg has odds of at least 1/2 (1.50).
- A qualifying bet must be placed within 14 days of account registration in order to trigger the free bet.
- Free bet tokens are non-withdrawable and must each be used in their entirety.
- The free bets remain valid for a total of seven days and are removed if they’re not used in that time.
- Free bet tokens can be redeemed on win or each-way bets and can be used on the following listed bet types: single, double, treble, 4-fold and upwards accumulator, forecast, combination.
- The tokens are not valid on the Ladbrokes Exchange or tote and cannot be used for other combination and multiple bets (i.e Lucky 15s).
- Cash out cannot be used on a qualifying bet nor can it be applied to wagers placed using free bet tokens.
- If any winnings result from the use of the free bet tokens, the free bet stake will not be returned as a part of those winnings.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
Ladbrokes Bonus Review
Ladbrokes bet £5 get £20 new customer offer is one of a number of similar promotions from major bookmakers, which offer free bets to brand new customers who place an initial qualifying bet.
The £20 worth of free bets offered by Ladbrokes is at the upper end when compared with the bonus amounts, percentage wise, provided by those other similarly formatted promotions. To get the full £20 in free bets you only need to place a qualifying bet of £5 – some bookmakers obviously offer a larger trigger bet with a bonus amount that’s bigger but at 400% you can’t complain here.
In order to take part in the promotion in the first place, a brand new Ladbrokes customer must enter the correct promo code (20FREE) when registering their account. This makes the offer a little more difficult to take part in than some, but in the grand scheme of things is no big deal. What’s more, the Ladbrokes offer excels when it comes to just how many different types of bet can successfully trigger its free bets. The only real restrictions, after all, are that the bet must be worth at least £5 and be at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater.
The free bets triggered by this Ladbrokes welcome offer are credited upon placement of a qualifying bet and remain valid for seven days. That is a comparatively short time in which to use the bets but is largely in line with the terms of other similar offers.
For more info on Ladbrokes and what we think about the service they offer customers read our detailed Ladbrokes review.
Ladbrokes Offer: Pros & Cons
- £20 total value is in line with most similar new customer promotions.
- Offer is very easy to take part in and to trigger.
- Vast majority of different bet types can be placed to trigger the promotions.
- Few restrictions placed upon the use of free bet tokens.
- Each free bet must be used in its entirety and cannot be further broken down.
- Free bets remain valid for a comparatively short seven days.
- Offer only available if you remember to enter the correct promo code when registering.
Alongside their promotions for brand new customers, Ladbrokes also offer a range of ongoing offers and bonuses to existing punters.
One of a number of major bookmakers to really embrace social media of late, Ladbroke’s Twitter based ongoing promotion is called #GetAPrice. Being made available for an ever widening selection of sports and betting markets, the promotion invites punters to tweet @Ladbrokes using the hashtag #GetAPrice and request the bookmaker price up their own choice of bet built using certain markets and statistical categories. Ladbrokes will then make many of those requested bets available to bet on through their website.
An ongoing daily promotion available to all Ladbrokes customers, Odds Boost gives them the chance to use one Odds Boost token per day to instantly enhance the odds of one of their bets. Odds Boost tokens appear in the ‘My Account’ section of a Ladbrokes customer’s betting account and the markets which they are applicable to are also explained there. The tokens enhanced the odds for the first £200 staked on an eligible bet and additional profit is paid as real cash. Each Ladbrokes customer receives one Odds Boost token per day and they expire at midnight.
5 Team Acca Insurance
Recently made available for all football leagues, Ladbrokes’ 5 Team Acca Insurance provides punters with a refund of their stake as a free bet up to a maximum of £25 is a qualifying acca loses because of just one selection. In order to qualify for the Acca Insurance, an accumulator must have five legs or more, each with odds of 1/10 or greater. The cumulative odds of the acca must also be at least 3/1 and the bet must be placed on the win/draw/loss market. In-play bets do not qualify for the Acca Insurance and permutation bets do not count.
Virtual Sports Welcome Offer
Aimed at attracting punters to their virtual sports offerings, Ladbroke’s Virtual Sports Welcome Offer provides a free matched bet up to a maximum value of £10 when a customer places their first ever virtual sports wager.
In order to qualify for the free bet, a virtual sports wager must be worth at least £1 and be placed at odds of evens (2.00) or greater. The free bet is triggered upon settlement of the qualifying bet and is available to use only on virtual sports markets. The free bet token remains valid for three days and its stake will not be returned as part of any resultant winnings.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Ladbrokes provide all of their punters with best odds guaranteed terms for all UK and Irish horse and greyhound races. That means that for any of those races, if a punter places a bet at an early price and their selection goes off at a longer starting price, their bet will be paid out at the better odds if it is a winner.
With this promotion you can place an early bet on any UK or Irish horse race and not spend the rest of the day wondering or worrying about the fact that a better price might have been available on your horse just before the off.
For more info and to ‘Opt In’ head over to Ladbrokes & select ‘promotions’!
T&C’s apply, 18+