One of the newer names in the online betting world, Unibet have followed the lead of more established bookmakers by offering a welcome offer to attract new customers. The promotion offers up to £40 worth of money back on an initial bet along with a £10 casino bonus and this page will give you all of the vital details.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer:
Unibet’s welcome bonus for new customers takes a slightly different form to those run by most other bookmakers, as it offers money back on a losing first bet, rather than free bets. In order to claim the bonus, a new Unibet punter must follow these simple steps:
- Get the £40 + £10 welcome offer at Unibetr! (T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.)
- Follow the instructions displayed in the resulting pop up window to create your new Unibet account.
- Opt in to the welcome offer when prompted to do so.
- Make your first deposit to your new Unibet account.
- Place your first Unibet sports bet from your account and you will be refunded your stake in bonus money up to a maximum of £40 if the bet loses. If the bet wins there is no bonus. You’ll also get a £10 casino bonus.
- Before you can withdraw anything from your Unibet account, you must either wager an amount equal to 3x your sports bonus (i.e. £90 if you receive a £30 bonus), 25x the casino bonus or cancel the bonus.
T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.
Main Terms & Conditions
As the above step-by-step guide has probably already revealed, the Unibet welcome offer does have some important and somewhat complicated terms and conditions. We’ve summarised these in as simple a way as possible below:
- The Unibet sign up offer is available to only brand new Unibet customers resident in the UK.
- The offer is limited to just one offer per household.
- In order to receive their bonus, a new Unibet customer must register an account, opt in to the welcome offer when prompted and make a deposit worth at least £10.
- The offer applies to a customer’s first bet only. If that first bet is a winning one, then the bonus is deemed to have run its course.
- If a customer’s first bet is a losing one and they opted in to the welcome offer, they will receive a refund of their stake as bonus money up to a maximum of £40.
- A £10 casino bonus will also be credited.
- The bonus money refund credited to the customer’s account is non-withdrawable and is subject to wagering requirements.
- In order to be able to withdraw any funds from their account, a punter must wager an amount equal to at least three times their bonus amount (i.e. £90 if they receive the full £30 bonus).
- In order to withdraw the casino bonus players must meet a 25x wagering requirement.
- Bets count towards those wagering requirements once they have been settled and the requirements must be fulfilled within 30 days of initially accepting the bonus.
- Only bets at odds of 1.4 or greater contribute towards the wagering requirements, and combined live and pre-event wagers do not count.
- Supertoto and Superscore products do not count towards wagering requirements.
- If you wish to withdraw funds before the wagering requirements are completed, you must call Unibet customer services to cancel your bonus and give up the bonus money received.
- Your bonus money and any winnings accrued from its use will be forfeit if you do not complete the wagering requirements within 30 days of accepting your bonus.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
Unibet Bonus Review
Whilst the vast majority of new customer offers from major bookmakers provide free bets when a punter places an initial qualifying bet, Unibet’s promotion takes a different tack. Their offer will refund a punter’s first bet, if it loses, as bonus money up to a maximum of £40 (and get you a £10 casino bonus). That is a significant difference in format and largely makes the Unibet promotion an inferior one to those provided by their major competitors.
The first major weakness of the promotion is that its format means that many punters will receive no benefit from it at all, as it provides no bonus money if an initial bet is a winning one. What’s more, even for those who do receive bonus money from the promotion will only ever receive an amount matched to the stake of their initial bet up to the maximum of £40. That’s far less generous, therefore, than the many other new customer offers which provide free bets worth three or even four times the amount required to be staked to trigger them.
Unfortunately, that’s not the end of the story when it comes to the weaknesses of this promotion either. That’s the case as the bonus money which can be triggered is subject to wagering requirements where most bookmaker’s free bets are not. In order to gain any real benefit from the offer, therefore, a punter who wants to receive the full £40 of bonus money has to initially wager £40 and then bet a further £120 before they can make any withdrawals. The one slight upside to this is that there is a comparatively long period of 30 days in which to complete the wagering requirements, but that will be cold comfort to many punters.
To read a full breakdown of what we think about Unibet we strongly suggest reading our Unibet review.
Unibet Offer: Pros & Cons
- £50 total potential value of the bonus is a bit above most promotions.
- No deposit restrictions are placed upon participants in the offer.
- Essentially no limitations are placed upon a punter’s first bet.
- Comparatively long period of 30 days to complete the bonus’ wagering requirements.
- Punters who place a successful first bet get no bonus at all.
- Any bonus received is matched to the first bet stake and does not exceed it at all.
- Fairly restrictive and harsh wagering requirements are applied to the bonus when triggered.
- No withdrawals are possible until the bonus’ wagering requirements are fulfilled or the bonus is cancelled.
It’s fair to say that Unibet’s new customer offer is not one of the more impressive to be found. The bookmaker do, however, run a number of other ongoing promotions for their new and existing customers:
In-Play Free Bet Club
A loyalty scheme style ongoing promotion aimed at punters who like to bet in-play, Unibet’s In-Play Free Bet Club offers the opportunity to earn a £10 in-play free bet on a weekly basis. In order to be credited with that free bet, a punter must opt in to the In-Play Free Bet Club and then place at least five qualifying in-play bets between Monday and Sunday. In order to qualify those bets must each be worth at least £10, be placed at minimum odds of evens (2.00) and be placed on football, cricket, tennis or darts. If those criteria are met, the punter’s £10 free bet for use in-play will be credited by 16.00 the following Monday.
Running throughout the Premier League season, Acca Rush from Unibet allows punters to opt in and get a 25% profit boost token to use on one Premier League 1X2 five-fold accumulator each week. In order to be eligible, a punter has to opt in between Monday and Thursday of a given week and they will then receive their profit boost token on Friday by 12.00. When they then add a qualifying 1X2 five-fold to their bet slip there will be an option to apply the profit boost token which will enhance the bet’s potential winnings by 25%. Punters can only receive one profit boost token per week and the stake for an acca utilising the token is capped at a maximum of £20.
Refer a Friend
An innovative and interesting promotion, Refer a Friend gives Unibet customers the chance to earn £40 in real cash for each friend they successfully invite to use Unibet. To take part, punters have to opt in to the scheme and then send email invitations to join Unibet to their chosen friends. A maximum of five friends can be referred to Unibet in this way and each of those who sign up and complete the wagering requirements attached to their welcome offer, will lead to £40 worth of real cash being credited to the account of the customer who invited them.
Applying to Premier League, La Liga and Champions League games, Unibet’s 90+ cashback offer refunds certain losing bets if a goal is scored after the 90th minute of a game. The promotion applies to pre-match bets worth between £5 and £30, which are placed on the Correct Score, Halftime/Fulltime, First Goalscorer and Last Goalscorer markets. The offer applies to both single and multiple bets, and cashback refunds are processed within 48 hours of an eligible match reaching full time. In the course of the 2016/17 football season, the promotion lead to cashback being paid by Unibet on more than 120 different matches.
For more info and to ‘Opt In’ head over to Unibet & select ‘promotions’!
T&C’s apply, 18+