As an extra incentive to get punters to use their online betting service, William Hill operate a new customer offer which rewards brand new users with £30 worth of free bets. This page is designed to be a comprehensive guide to that promotion.
How To Claim The Welcome Offer:
A promotion which offers free bets when a new customer places an initial qualifying bet, William Hill’s new customer offer is actually really easy to claim. You just have to follow these easy and straightforward steps:
- Claim bet £10 get £30 in free bets offer at William Hill! (T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.)
- Follow the on-page instructions to create your brand new William Hill account, ensuring to enter the promo code ‘C30’ when prompted.
- Log in to your new account and make an initial deposit of at least £10. Make sure not to deposit via PayPal, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, Moneybookers, Envoy, PaySafe or Pingit as doing so makes you ineligible for the promotion.
- Place a first William Hill sportsbook bet worth at least £10 and at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. For each-way bets, the win part of the bet must be worth at least £10.
- Once your qualifying, first bet has been placed, your account will be credited with three free bet tokens each worth £10.
T&C's apply, 18+ new customers only.
Main Terms & Conditions
Just like all other promotions and bonuses, William Hill’s new customer offer has a fairly lengthy collection of terms and conditions. We’ve summarised the most important of them right here:
- The William Hill new customer offer is only available to residents of the UK, Republic of Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man.
- The promotion is only open to customers opening a brand new account using promo code ‘C30’.
- The offer is limit to just one per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address.
- Three free bets, each worth £10, will be credited to an eligible new customer’s account upon placement of a qualifying bet.
- Only a customer’s first bet after their initial deposit to their William Hill account qualifies for the offer.
- Customers using PayPal, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, Moneybookers, Envoy, PaySafe or Pingit to deposit will not qualify
- That first bet must be worth a minimum of £10 and be placed at odds of at least 1/2 (1.50).
- For each-way bets, the win part of the bet must be worth at least £10.
- Free bet tokens remain valid for a total of 30 days after they are credited, if they’re not used in that time they will be removed from a customer’s account.
- Free bet tokens are non-withdrawable and cannot be used to fund tote, pool or lottery bets.
- Each free bet token must be used individually and in its entirety, and cannot be partially redeemed.
- Any winnings resulting from the use of free bet tokens will not include the return of the original free bet stake.
You can read the full terms and conditions here.
William Hill Bonus Review
William Hill’s new customer bonus is one of a number of promotions from major bookmakers that follows the same format. That is to say that it provides free bets to brand new customers who open an account and then place a qualifying bet. In the case of William Hill, the free bets are worth a total of £30 and can be triggered by the placement of a qualifying bet worth at least £10.
Providing £30 worth of free bets, the William Hill welcome offer sits squarely in the middle of the pack when it comes to its overall value, with £30 being essentially the average amount offered by similar new customer offers from other bookmakers. £10 being the set minimum value of the initial qualifying bet, too, is fairly typical and so is neither more nor less restrictive than the requirements set by William Hill’s competitors for their welcome promotions.
Where William Hill’s offer does beat a number of the promotions available elsewhere, however, is in the area of the limitations placed upon the free bet tokens themselves. William Hill’s free bets, after all, remain valid for fully 30 days and are available to use on any sportsbook markets and bet types. Whilst that is unquestionably a strength of the William Hill promotion, it is unquestionably a little disappointing that a promo code is required to take part, as that makes it easier for some punters to miss out by mistake.
Find out exactly what we think of William Hill by reading our full William Hill review.
William Hill Offer: Pros & Cons
- £30 bonus amount sits at around the average offered by major bookmakers’ new customer offers.
- Total bonus amount is worth three times the amount you have to bet to trigger it.
- Free bets can be redeemed on any sportsbook markets and bet types.
- Free bet tokens remain valid for a comparatively long 30 days.
- Offer limited to only residents of the UK, ROI, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man.
- PayPal, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap, Neteller, Moneybookers, Envoy, PaySafe and Pingit deposits excluded.
- Having to enter a promo code makes it a little more difficult to claim the offer.
- Free bets each have to be redeemed as one bet in their entirety.
On top of their new customer offer, William Hill also run a range of interesting and potentially beneficial promotions and bonuses.
An ongoing promotion which will be popular with the growing army of UK based NFL fans, Drive 55 offers a 15% bonus on winnings for certain NFL bets if a game features more than 55 points. The promotion applies to all games fully televised in the UK and the bets eligible for the boost are winning money line and match spread wagers. Those winning bets will receive a free bet on top of the actual winnings, which will be worth 15% of those winnings up to a maximum of £50. The free bets are credited by 12pm on the day following the game in question and must be used in their entirety.
A Twitter based promotion, William Hill’s #YourOdds gives punters the chance to tweet the bookie with suggested bets and have them priced up for them. William Hill include a list of #YourOdds events on their website and punters can then tweet @WilliamHill using the hashtag #YourOdds with their suggestions for weird and wonderful bets related to those events.
William Hill try to price up as many suggestions as they can and make the #YourOdds markets available for everyone to bet on through their website.
William Hill’s High Five promotion is a popular horse racing offer which offers a 15% free bet bonus on top of a punter’s winnings if a winning selection beats their rivals by more than five lengths. Applied to selected UK & Irish jumps (National Hunt) races, the maximum size of free bet able to be provided by the High Five promotion is capped at £100 and all free bets are worth 15% of the profit made on a winning bet, not 15% of the overall winnings including the stake. Credited almost immediately after an eligible race, the free bet tokens then last a total of four days.
One of the very best of these types of promotion available, William Hill’s acca insurance applies to a variety of different sports and markets, where most only focus on football. The insurance provides money back as a free bet if just one leg of a qualifying five-fold or above accumulator causes the bet to fail. In order to qualify for the insurance, an acca must include selections which all have odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater and must be placed pre-event. The maximum value of Acca Insurance free bets able to be earned by a punter is capped at £20 per day but free bets can be earned from more than one acca each day.
Best Odds Guaranteed
Just like the vast majority of their major competitors, William Hill offer best odds guaranteed terms for all UK and Irish horse races. That means that a punter can be confident in taking an early price, in the knowledge that if the horse’s starting price ends up being longer, William Hill will pay out at the longer odds.
This is a pretty standard promotion but it’s surprising how many of the top betting sites aren’t currently running it -props must go to William Hill for include it.
For more info on all promo’s and to ‘Opt In’ head over to William Hill & select ‘promotions’!
T&C’s apply, 18+
Note: beyond those longer term, ongoing promotions, William Hill also offer special bonuses for certain events and daily enhanced odds offers. In order to ensure you don’t miss out on any of those offers it’s a good idea to follow the @WilliamHill Twitter feed.