Trustly is one of a new breed of deposit alternatives starting to roll out across the betting niche.
Already offered by some major bookies across a range of countries, Trustly is a payment option on the up. If you want to learn more about, all you need to do is to read on. We’ll point you to the best betting sites that already accept Trustly for deposits. We’ll also explain all the ins and outs of using Trustly for online betting.
Betting Sites That Accept Trustly
Deposits, Withdrawals & Time Scales
|Paddy Power||Instant||Bank Transfer||£5||£25,000|
Best Trustly Betting Sites & Why:
Here’s a list of the best betting sites accepting Trustly and why we picked them:
- William Hill – trustly accepted with good bonus.
- 888Sport – great for sports, poker & casino.
- Betfair – quality odds on betting exchange.
- Paddy Power – lots of offers daily.
- Ladbrokes – solid reputation with good bonus.
How To Use Trustly For Online Betting
One of the biggest benefits of using Trustly for online betting is its simplicity. The digital payment provider exists for executing payments from your online bank. It aims to make those payments fast, straightforward and hassle-free.
Unlike an e-wallet, you don’t need to register or sign up for a Trustly account to use the service for deposits. All you need is to have an account with a bank which supports Trustly payments (there’s more than 3,300 that do). And to use a betting site that accepts Trustly deposits. Assuming you meet those criteria, funding a betting account couldn’t be simpler.
Depositing to a Betting Site Via Trustly
- To make your Trustly deposit, you first need to log in to your chosen betting account.
- Then, head to the ‘Cashier’ or ‘Deposit’ section, as you would to make any kind of deposit.
- From the list of available payment methods, select ‘Trustly’. If it’s not listed, the bookie doesn’t accept Trustly deposits from punters in your country of residence.
- Once you’ve picked Trustly as your payment method of choice, enter the amount you wish to deposit when prompted. Then select ‘Deposit’, ‘Confirm’, or whichever link the betting site features.
- You will then be redirected to the Trustly site.
- On the first Trustly page you see, you’ll get asked to select your bank from a list of options. This will be the full selection of banks partnered with Trustly in your territory. If your bank isn’t there, you can’t use the service.
- Once you’ve chosen your bank, you need to login to the online banking portal as you usually would. For instance, using your normal online banking ID and passcode or other details. You’ll then have the option to choose which account you hold with the chosen bank that you wish to deposit from. Select the one you wish to use.
- The final step is to authenticate the payment you’ve actioned to the betting site. You can do this via the preferred method you use to authenticate any bank transfer. For example, your bank may send you a code by text which you need to enter on screen.
Once you’ve authenticated the transfer, your funds will appear in your betting account. There’s no processing time or other cause for waiting around. The money’s ready to use for betting.
Why Use Trustly
Trustly is a great deposit option for those punters in a hurry to get a bet on. It takes mere moments to input a deposit amount, log in to your online bank, and confirm the payment. Once you have, your betting funds are ready to use straight away.
The betting sites that accept Trustly for deposits don’t charge punters for using the payment method. There’s no costly admin involved for them when you use Trustly. There’s also no fee charged to consumers for using Trustly. The payment company gets its money from merchants.
Trustly utilises the highest available standard of encryption to protect transactions. That’s in addition to the many cutting-edge cybersecurity measures that banks uses. Trustly deposits could hardly be more secure.
By depositing via Trustly you avoid having to share bank account details with a betting site. You also don’t have to register with Trustly itself. The solution, then, never stores any details which could get used to access your bank account.
Trustly isn’t only partnered with bookies and betting sites. All kinds of different retailers and merchants are partnered with the Swedish company. Once you’ve learnt how to use Trustly, it can become your online shopping payment method of choice.
Who Is Trustly? Can They be Trusted?
Trustly is a Swedish-based Fintech company. It was first founded in 2008, and has grown rapidly in the ensuing 12 years. The firm now boasts nine offices across Europe and the Americas, and employs over 350 people. They’re by no means a fly-by-night operation.
What’s more, Trustly are fully licensed and regulated. They’re authorised and supervised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. That ensures their compliance with legislation and that they adhere to best practices in serving users. There’s no reason not to trust the company with your online payments.
Trustly got founded and signed its first agreements with online retailers
The company’s revenue grew by more than 200%. It also expanded outside Sweden, with a new office opening in Malta.
Trustly continues to expand, and launches a second generation technical platform.
Strategic partnerships get secured with PayPal and Groupon. The payment service passes the ten million total transactions landmark.
In March, equity fund Nordic Capital buy a majority stake in Trustly. The deal reportedly values the company at around €700 million.
Trustly merges with US firm PayWithMyBank. This expands the service’s reach beyond Europe.